But after seeing a call for submissions, I wrote a story featuring my kiddo and her adopted kittens — two furry brothers that I brought home as a surprise from a shelter. My story was selected and published in Chicken Soup for the Soul: The Cat Really Did That? and appears on page 163 under the title “A Band of Brothers.”
For Animal Welfare
What’s really cool is that royalties benefit American Humane and animal welfare initiatives. All “101 Stories of Miracles, Mischief and Magical Moments” encourage cat adoption, which is absolutely perfect. After all, taking in homeless kittens changed my life in wonderful ways! Personally, I can’t think of a better way to support a cause than to write about it first hand and promote others who do the same.
Buy the Book and Help Animals in Need!
I’m having lots of fun talking about the book with friends and encourage you to grab a copy! Again, royalties support American Humane and benefit animal welfare, and the Chicken Soup for the Soul books truly uplifts people across the world!
Fast Facts About the Chicken Soup for the Soul Series:
- Registered slogan: Changing Your World One Story at a Time
- Known as: The world’s favorite and most recognized storyteller
- Founded in: 1993 by motivational speakers Jack Canfield and Mark Victor
- Purpose: To share happiness, inspiration and wellness through everything they do
- Authors: Written by everyday people for everyday people
- Today: New books come out almost every month and often support a charity or cause.
I can’t wait to collaborate on YOUR next project! Contact me to get started!
Several people have contacted me for help on getting their own stories, novels and biographies published. I can’t promise anything other than you’ll become a better writer with training and coaching. Check out this page for more information on coaching and tutorials for better writing.