I’ve written a book marketing FAQ, knowing how expansive (but not necessarily expensive) book marketing can be. No, it doesn’t have to be overwhelming. Yes, it should include a marketing plan. I’ve put together a list of links (including my own blog posts) that address:
- Book Marketing Ideas
- WordPress SEO
- SEO Blogging
- Social Media
- Podcasts and Media Reach
Learn about my services in the literary realm. Book editing and ghostwriting are my primary focuses, yet many authors have asked me for book marketing assistance. This nudged me to pursue a master’s degree in digital media to help self-publishing authors bolster their online footprint in a highly competitive marketplace.
BOOK MARKETING IDEAS — FIRST THINGS FIRST
Is your book your business?
The answer is YES, your book is definitely your business and should be treated as such. Achieving a completed manuscript is half the battle. The other half is launching your book in a highly competitive literary market. Below are ideas that can help you roll out your book with a splash.
- Book Marketing Ideas
- Marketing Writer
- Marketing Copywriter: Brochures and e-Books
- Digital Media Assistance
WHY DO I RECOMMEND A WORDPRESS SITE?
WordPress has definite advantages. Why? Because your website and blog are your most valuable marketing tools, and WordPress is your conduit to SEO plugins and optimized web copy. The links below expand on this notion.
- Your Author Website: SEO Equals Better Marketing
- Why a WordPress Site Blog is an Author’s Best Friend
- Website SEO
WHY IS SEO BLOGGING SO VITAL TO A BOOK’S SUCCESS?
I specialize in business blogging for individuals and businesses for several reasons. First and foremost, SEO blogging feeds the search ingines and draws traffic to your site. Do you want a website that works as hard as you do? Then check out the articles below.
- Spiders, Crawlers, Robots, and Bots — Why Blogging Matters
- Blogging for Authors
- You Need a Blogger. Here’s Why.
- You Should Be Blogging — Here’s Why
WHAT DOES SOCIAL MEDIA ACHIEVE?
How can readers find your book if they don’t know it exists? Learn more about the social platforms that help elevate your book’s online footprint.
- Social Media Marketing
- Social Media Blunders
- Free Social Media For Authors…and When to Invest in Paid Social Media
WHAT ABOUT PODCASTS AND MEDIA REACH?
Podcasters are always looking for guests, and it’s worth the effort to search for podcasts open to authors. Consider, also, radio, newspaper, and magazine opportunities. You never know who may want to interview a local author. And although we have navigated through the Covid pandemic, I still recommend you read the first article bulleted below for additional insights.
- Pandemic Publishing — Launching Books During the Pandemic
- Author Podcasts
- Author Press Releases
- News Release, Media Release and Press Release Writer
- Professional Writer Affiliations
- Author Publicist — National Publicist Day
- Why Publicist Services Can Help
ARE YOU CONSIDERING SELF-PUBLISHING? (I include an article about traditional publishing too)
Are you are interested in offset printing or self publishing on Amazon? Then read ahead!
- Self-Publishing Tips
- Self Publishing Shout Out
- You’ve Written a Book. Now What?
- SuburbanBuzz Marketing and Publishing
- Gorham Printing
- Self-Publishing Ghostwritten Books
- Traditional Publishing or Self-Publishing?
- Book Deals — Advances, Royalties and Money
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT ME?
It’s good to know who you’re interviewing and hiring!
- Professional Editor, Writer, Scriptwriter, Business Blogger
- Book Editor
- Business Blogger
INTERESTED IN FEEDBACK FROM MY CLIENTS?
It’s good to know what my valued clients are saying about me as well!
I hope you this book marketing FAQ helpful. Click around and explore! If you are curious about a topic, or want me to post information that I haven’t yet included, please let me know. I just might blog about it in the near future!
I would love to collaborate on your literary or copywriting project. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and let’s get started!